(WAFB) – Lafayette based Lake Wellness Center has opened seven locations throughout south Louisiana as the opioid crisis threatens Louisiana.
The mission of the addiction treatment center is to get patients better faster and give them a chance to enjoy life again.
“We appreciate that the opioid crisis has created dialogue that brings the necessity for addiction treatment to the forefront,” said Leonard Franques, Lake Wellness Center Founding Partner. “Using a medical model, we treat the biological disease of addiction and allow people to get well without having to leave their families or their jobs. Patients need an accessible solution like Lake Wellness Center and the entire focus is getting our patients better and making their lives something they can appreciate once again.”
Over 5 million opioid prescriptions are written in Louisiana every year. Louisiana averages 122 prescriptions per 100 people.
Lake Wellness Center helps treat addiction without asking the patient to leave family or work.
- Lake Wellness Center has locations in:
- New Orleans – 3620 Chestnut St.
- Metairie – 4330 Loveland St, Suite A
- Covington – 19411 Helenburg Rd, Suite 101
- Baton Rouge – 7434 Picardy Ave, Suites A&B
- Lafayette – 4540 Ambassador Caffery Pkwy, Suite C110
- Lake Charles – 635-A Petro Point Drive
- Houma – 1340 W. Tunnel Blvd, Suite 212
Lake Wellness Center accepts most health insurance and is available to patients and their families 24/7. For more information about Lake Wellness Center, visit lakewellnesscenter.com or call 888-841-4628.